Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Bad to the Bone

Bad DogOscar the Thug

Oscar has decided he doesn't want to have many dog friends in this town. In an attempt to socialize Coati (my parents' dog) and Oscar together, my dad, Joe, and I took the dogs out last Tuesday for a walk around the neighborhood and then back home to our backyard. They had a rocky past--getting in a gruesome fight one Thanksgiving a couple of years ago (Oscar won that fight). They were doing so well this time, until....Well, let's just say it ended very, very badly. The good news is that Coati is making a glorious recovery...stitches, drains, and all. I hear she looks stunning in an old t-shirt of mine and her lovely elizabethian collar. Yeah, wasn't a great day in the history of Oscar. He made out without a scratch on him. I ended up with a few doggy inflicted wounds too when I had to pry a set of jaws off of Coati. It was going SO well....Darn it all. Oscar will have to stick with staying on the leash around new dogs and only play off the leash with Luna and Honey (too bad Honey is only about 10 states away). And poor Coati. It's too bad, because Oscar is fantastic around kids and adults. I guess if we want to make a change with his doggy "anti-socialness", we'll have to go to the professionals.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my God, that's hilarious.

Anonymous said...

What is the sentence for doggie assault and battery, anyway?

Unknown said...

Soli-doggy confinement.

Erica said...

Oscar! How could you? You cad! I thought you were THE ONE!