Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Moved

It's been a while since anyone posted to this heap, so here goes. The move itself was painless. I'd like to give a shout out to Penske for being way less shitty than U-Haul was two years ago. We're still unpacking, but the essentials (computer, surround sound entertainment center, telemarketing calls) are up and running. Rachel and I have been Michigan-free for ten days now!

For those of you who I haven't told yet, I was awarded a partial scholarship to attend a two-week course in brewing technology at the Siebel Institute in Chicago. It doesn't sound like much, but short courses are about the extent of formal education that most professional brewers complete. I don't think I had much of a shot at the full scholarship because it exists mainly to promote the continued education of established commercial brewers, but the extra money is really nice nonetheless. The class starts on Halloween.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the Beer classes!! You are always welcome to crash at my place of course.

Joe Walts said...

I've already suckered my friend John into letting me stay with him in Chicago, but I'll give you a holler if he gets sick of me coming home from school drunk :).

Katie said...

Look me up when you're in town. We can hang out together with Danny, Marni and Rani.
Congrats on the classes and the new job!